As family dentists, our primary focus is to provide patients with dental care for families and offer affordable, accessible treatments. Families seeking dental care can easily find all the necessary treatments, but what makes family dentists unique? Today, we’ll examine what family dentists do, what makes them different, and how they may benefit you.
Achieving Better Oral Health With Family Dentistry
As a subspecialty of dentistry, family dentistry focuses on treating patients at every stage of life. Family dentists, our careers revolve around treating patients of all ages, but more specifically, providing dental care for children and teenagers through preventative care. Family dentists also work with older patients by paying attention to their medical conditions and anticipating their needs throughout their treatment.
But what makes a family dentist so unique? Family dentists focus on treating all family members, working with parents and guardians to offer affordable dental plans and dental services focused on preventative care. Family dentists work in a single location, allowing families to take all their family members to the same dentist for care. These dentists don’t pose any age limits on who they treat, meaning that children, parents, and even grandparents can get their dental care in the same place. Family dentists are versatile in their treatment options. Some of the treatment options you can get at a family dental practice include the following:
- Dental Checkups: All family members can receive dental checkups, even on the same day! Family dentists work with digital x-rays and intraoral cameras to pinpoint problems and check for signs of gum disease, tooth decay, and tooth misalignments.
- Fluoride Treatments: Children growing up are often at a higher risk of tooth decay due to their growing bodies and diet and can benefit from fluoride treatments. Fluoride helps strengthen the enamel by binding with it, giving children stronger teeth for life.
- Dental Sealants: Family dentists are considered the most qualified to provide dental sealants, a type of dental filler that protects children’s molars from decay. It is considered one of the best preventative measures for children’s oral health.
- Cosmetic and Restorative Treatments: Many family dentists offer cosmetic and restorative dental treatments for parents and grandparents, including teeth whitening, dentures, and dental crowns.
- Dental Specialist Referrals: In cases where a family dentist doesn’t have the expertise to treat a problem, they have a wide range of specialists on hand that they can refer their patients to for specific treatments, such as orthodontists, for correcting tooth misalignments and other problems.
Receive Family Dental Care at Romans and Soltani Dentistry!
Family dentists provide families with the preventive and restorative dental care they need most. As family dentists, Dr. Anna Romans and Dr. Sheila Soltani provide families with various options for dental treatment, including cosmetic, pediatric, and general dental treatments throughout the Camillus, NY area. For more information about their services and available treatment options for families, contact Romans and Soltani Dentistry today by calling (315) 487-1545 to learn more.