Invisalign aligners have changed how orthodontic treatment is made, offering an aesthetically pleasing, comfortable way to straighten your teeth over time. If you’ve recently received Invisalign, then congratulations! You’re on your way toward a beautiful, healthier, straighter smile that will last for life! If you’re looking to help improve the effectiveness of your treatment, then one of the best ways you can do that is by caring for your aligners. At Romans Soltani Dentistry, we’re here to provide valuable tips on how to care for your aligners and keep your smile beautiful.
How To Clean and Care For Your Invisalign Aligners
Keeping your aligners clean is crucial for maintaining good oral hygiene and protecting your teeth during treatment. Your aligners can get damaged, become filled with bacteria, and become less effective. Here are some tips we recommend for those looking to improve their treatment and care for their aligners:
- Rinse and Brush Your Aligners: Brushing and rinsing your aligners with lukewarm water can clean them of saliva and debris. Make sure to use antibacterial soap instead of toothpaste, as the toothpaste can damage the aligners.
- Avoid Heat and Harsh Chemicals: Never expose your aligners to hot water or any heat source, as the heat can cause the aligners to warp and distort. Also, avoid using alcohol-based solutions, mouthwash, and bleach, as these harsh chemicals can damage the aligners.
- Use Your Invisalign Cleaning Solution: When provided with an Invisalign cleaning solution, soak the aligners to help eliminate bacteria and odor, keeping them hygienic.
Alongside cleaning your aligners properly, there are many other ways to care for them and ensure they remain in optimal condition. Some general tips we recommend to keep your aligners in check include:
- Wear Your Aligners As Directed: When wearing your aligners, it’s recommended that you wear them for at least 20 to 22 hours per day and only remove them when eating, drinking, and brushing.
- Avoid Staining Foods and Drinks: Make sure not to wear your aligners when drinking stain-causing foods, such as berries, coffee, and tea, as they can stain your aligners.
- Brush and Care For Your Teeth: Maintaining your regular brushing and flossing habits while under Invisalign treatment can help keep your teeth clean and ensure your aligners are bacteria-free.
- Store Your Aligners in A Dry, Cool Place: When you’re not wearing your aligners, store them in their designated case to protect them from damage or loss.
- Attend Regular Checkups: Attending your follow-up appointments is crucial for your treatment success, as it can help ensure you’re receiving your updated aligners and achieving progress with your treatment.
Visit Romans Soltani Dentistry For an Invisalign Appointment Today!
If you have any questions or need further guidance on caring for your Invisalign aligners, the team at Romans Soltani Dentistry is here to help. Dr. Anna Romans and Dr. Sheila Soltani specialize in family, general, and cosmetic dentistry and ensure your orthodontic journey is comfortable and successful. Remember, properly maintaining your Invisalign aligners will help you achieve the smile you’ve always wanted. Call (315) 487-1545 to schedule an appointment at our Camillus, NY, location to learn more!