Ceramic braces may be a good option if you’re considering orthodontic treatment to straighten your teeth. Ceramic braces offer the luxury of their clear, ceramic brackets combined with the sturdiness of their metal frames. As a great solution for those who don’t qualify for Invisalign, we’ll explore what you need to know about ceramic braces, how they work, and whether they’re the right choice.
What To Know About Ceramic Braces
Ceramic braces are an orthodontic appliance that works similarly to traditional metal braces, using brackets and wires to pressure the teeth. However, instead of metal brackets, ceramic braces use tooth-colored porcelain material for the brackets, making them less noticeable.
Ceramic braces exert constant pressure along the teeth to move them into the correct position. The brackets are bonded to the front of your teeth, then connected to a wire that runs through them. The wires are adjusted periodically to ensure that the teeth are moving correctly.
Getting ceramic braces come with many benefits, including:
- The clear or tooth-colored brackets make them much less noticeable than metal braces, especially from a distance.
- Ceramic braces are designed to resist stains from food and drink, making them easier to keep clean and more attractive.
- The ceramic material used for the brackets is less irritating to your gums and cheeks, reducing discomfort during treatment.
- Ceramic braces are as effective as traditional metal braces in correcting dental problems, including crooked teeth, overbites, and underbites.
If you choose ceramic braces for your orthodontic treatment, here’s what you can expect from your treatment:
- Cosmetic Consultation: Your dentist will evaluate your teeth and determine if ceramic braces are the right option.
- Ceramic Bracket Placement: Your dentist will apply them to the front of your teeth and connect them with a wire.
- Adjustments: Every few weeks, your dentist will adjust the wire to maintain the right amount of pressure on your teeth.
- Maintenance: You must maintain good oral hygiene by brushing and flossing regularly and avoiding certain foods that can damage your braces.
Visit Romans Soltani Dentistry For A Ceramic Braces Consultation
Ceramic braces may be the right choice if you’re considering orthodontic treatment and want a more aesthetically pleasing option than traditional metal braces. At Romans Soltani Dentistry in Camillus, NY, we offer a variety of cosmetic treatments to help you achieve the smile you’ve always wanted. Call (315) 487-1545 today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Anna Romans and Dr. Sheila Soltani and determine if ceramic braces suit you.