When faced with a damaged tooth, having a cosmetic dentist to help you can be an excellent resource for finding dental restoration options. Damaged teeth can cause further problems with your oral health, leading to gum disease and tooth loss if not treated. Dental restorations are considered the best way to restore your teeth, and you have various options to give you back a healthy, beautiful smile.
What Are The Range of Dental Restoration Options For Damaged Teeth?
For patients looking to prepare their damaged teeth, your dentist can provide you with an extensive range of options for dental restorations. Dental restorations work to repair and restore your natural tooth function through various techniques, and each dentist will work through their expertise to customize your treatment and give you the best experience possible. Cosmetic dentists, for instance, can provide a wide range of dental restorations using the latest technologies and materials to give you back your smile. Most often, you’ll find these examples:
- Dental Veneers: Veneers are thin porcelain or composite resin shells that cover and protect the underlying enamel from further damage or decay. Through these shells, they can transform the front teeth into a durable, highly pleasing smile.
- Dental Crowns: Dental crowns conserve the teeth’ inner portion by covering the dentin and pulp with a cap. Crown treatment involves removing any excess or damaged enamel from the tooth and can often be performed after a root canal to provide a stable working tooth once more.
- Dental Fillings: When the tooth’s damage is minor, dental fillings can be used to fill the inner tooth to avoid tooth loss. These fillings work with materials such as amalgam and composite resin to treat minor damage caused by tooth decay and trauma.
As a general rule, most dentists will prefer to repair damaged teeth through less invasive means, but in cases where the tooth cannot be repaired, then a tooth extraction may sometimes be necessary. However, some restorations can be performed after a tooth extraction to help give you a healthier smile. Some examples of these treatments include:
- Dental Implants: Implants support the jawbone, gumline, and tooth alignment through implant posts. These posts are surgically inserted into the jawbone, and through osseointegration, they help instantly replace a missing tooth or a complete set of teeth.
- Partial or Full Dentures: In cases where the patient doesn’t have enough jawbone support to get implants, dentures can be an excellent way to provide a complete smile that’s easy to care for and removable.
- Dental Bridges: Dental bridges may sometimes be used for patients with only a few missing teeth. Dental bridges are a form of restoration supported by natural teeth or crowns and act as a bridge to fill in the missing tooth.
Getting a dental restoration can be an exciting process, and through working with your dentist, they’ll be able to provide you with the most affordable and safest dental restoration options for your smile.
Contact Romans Soltani Dentistry For Your Dental Restoration Options
At Romans Soltani Dentistry, our team of cosmetic dentists can provide you with various options to correct any damage to your teeth. Call our office today to schedule an appointment and see what dental restoration options will work to give you the smile you’ve always wanted.